November 2011 Archives
Clark Environmental Now Hiring - November 30, 2011
Position Title: Accounting & HR Manager
Immediate Supervisor/Title: President
The objective of this position is to provide accounting services with value-added benefits to the company. The Accounting & HR Manager needs to be a self-starter who is able to multitask effectively. The position requires a proven ability to effectively communicate with external and internal customers. Excellent math skills and an ability to pay close attention to detail is essential. Main responsibilities include software install/set-up, general ledger bookkeeping, AR, AP, job costing, payroll, reporting, troubleshooting, maintenance and training. Responsible for HR data, records and reporting as well as other related support duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Sage PFW (Platinum For Windows)
• Microsoft products: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
• Database experience
• PC skills
• Internet usage for business
• 10-key adding machine / calculator
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent is required
• Excellent math skills with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Five or more years of experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger reconciliations, payroll and financial statement preparation is required
• Have an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, including an understanding of Firm’s chart of accounts
• Knowledge of Sage PFW (Platinum For Windows) accounting software a plus
• Experience with job costing and analysis
• Solid knowledge of and demonstrated success managing employee relations issues
• Expertise in MS Products (Word, Excel, etc.) and Internet Explorer for business usage
• Experience with Crystal Reports, preferred
• Minimum of 3 years management experience
• Insurance experience is a plus
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Be willing to help where needed
• Have an employment record of stability, honesty, reliability and integrity
Posted by Emerge Lakeland
Rita Staffing Now Hiring - November 23, 2011
Rita Staffing is currently recruiting for a national services company seeking customer service representatives for their dynamic and growing facility in the Lakeland, FL area. THIS COMPANY OFFERS LONG TERM STABILITY, GROWTH AND BENEFITS.
Ideal candidates must have the following:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills, such as accurate data entry
• Basic experience with Microsoft Word
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent people and problem solving skills
Taking orders, maintaining customer accounts, updating customer information, and providing answers to customer questions. This position does NOT require cold calling or collections.
The customer service representatives will work in a new, state of the art facility, with many amenities. It is a team atmosphere requiring strong core skills in teamwork and client satisfaction.
• Type a minimum of 25 words per minute
• HS Diploma or GED required
• Microsoft Word (basic functionality)
• Good phone voice and communication skills
• No visible tattoos or facial piercings
• Data entry and software skills testing
• Drug screen will be required
• Backgrounds check, no felonies accepted
SHIFT WORK AND AVAILABILITY
• Facility operates 24/7
• Flexibility with shift is required
• Multiple shifts available, accommodations may be possible
APPLY: Email resume and/or questions to Nilda Chencinski: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Emerge Lakeland
Job Opening at QGiv - November 8, 2011
Full Time Sales Representative Position
A Lakeland-based software-as-a-service firm with not-for-profit clients across the country has an opening for a full time Sales Representative.
We are looking for someone to sell our products and services that help not-for-profit organizations increase their online fundraising abilities. Our clients are exclusively not-for-profit, tax-exempt or otherwise in the business of helping others.
Major responsibilities include responding to inbound leads and educating potential clients on our services. You will also be responsible for performing live demonstrations of our products and services over the web. This position requires a sales pro that is comfortable with taking inbound phone calls or email requests and turning them into clients.
We are not a start-up, we are a young company with a solid track record of growth and we are looking to expand our team. This position requires on-site work in our Downtown Lakeland offices. Benefits are competitive, the people are easy-going and the atmosphere is pretty relaxed. Plus free cake nearly every month.
Your compensation will be an hourly base plus a commission structure.
- Previous sales experience with internet or web based technology/products or a very high level of comfort with the web.
- You must be able to meet sales goals and identify sales techniques that could increase lead conversion.
- Time management and scheduling skills to respond to all sales leads in a timely manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fun, friendly and fast-paced environment with schedules measured in weeks rather than months.
- Excellent written and oral communication and collaboration skills. Seriously.
Just so that we are on the same page:
- You must want to work in an environment where the goal is to help not-for-profit organizations recognize the need for online donations and to assist them in understanding how to reach the next generation of donors.
- Customer service and satisfaction is the responsibility of every employee. We are a live answer company and all team members (including managers) answer the phones during peak call times.
If this sounds like a good fit we would love to hear from you! Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and make sure Sales Pro is in the subject of your email.
Posted by Emerge Lakeland
STUDENTS WORKING AGAINST TOBACCO (SWAT) COORDINATOR - November 8, 2011
Position Description: Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT) Coordinator
Position: Half-time OPS
Location: Polk County, See Stipulations
Jobsite: Polk County Health Department
Timeline: November 15, 2011 - June 30, 2012
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience in public health, education, or community outreach experience required.
This temporary OPS half-time, highly responsible position will serve as a SWAT Coordinator. This position will be responsible for coordinating the development of the Polk County SWAT Program This position will facilitate SWAT Club and SWAT Chapter meetings and activities on the local level. The activities focus on: (1) preventing initiation among youth and young adults; (2) eliminating secondhand smoke exposure and; (3) promoting cessation from tobacco use. Experience working with youth and young adults, in public speaking and skills in various software programs and in using alternative electronic media will be required. The SWAT Coordinator will work from Bartow PCHD and service locations throughout the county. This position is a halftime grant funded position with specific milestones and deliverables pre-determined as called for in the work plan. There will be some weekend and evening hours and travel is required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: 1. Work with local schools and youth organizations to maintain existing local SWAT clubs and establish new clubs.
2. Maintain one (1) countywide SWAT Chapter with representation from the local SWAT clubs following membership guidelines and by-laws.
3. Recruit youth to local SWAT clubs, the countywide SWAT Chapter and the Tobacco Free Partnership.
4. Assist SWAT youth in planning, implementing, and completing activities related to both the SWAT Program and the Tobacco Free Partnership.
5. Coordinate all presentations and trainings with the youth.
6. Attend and participate in Tobacco Free Partnership events and trainings as appropriate and attend Partnership meetings.
7. Coordinate with SWAT youth to prepare report detailing SWAT activities during the monthly SWAT meetings.
8. Recruit and maintain SWAT advisors at schools and other community-based organizations to assist with coordinating meetings.
9. Coordinate with SWAT advisors to maintain SWAT club meetings and activities.
10. Coordinate all SWAT Chapter and club meetings and events, including drafting agendas and assigning responsibilities to youth and advisors.
11. Coordinate with other tobacco program staff for youth involvement in advocacy trainings and policy change initiatives.
12. Transport and chaperone youth at events/trainings
13. Serve as a mentor to SWAT youth by providing a positive role model of effective leadership and empowerment.
14. Correspond with youth via appropriate media regarding meetings, presentations, events, and programs.
15. Promote youth empowerment by facilitating activities to increase knowledge of tobacco issues.
16. Submit regular reports as required to ensure appropriate progress on work plans.
Annual Salary Range: $22,000 - $35,000
Announcement Type: Open Competitive
Interested applicants must complete the online application.
Posted by Emerge Lakeland
*All blog posts and comments are the opinions of the blog author or comment poster and do not necessarily represent the views of EMERGE Lakeland.