October 14, 2013
Job Announcement: Full-time Child Enrollment Specialist (Polk)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay is seeking one (1) Full-time Child Enrollment Specialist in Polk County. The mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Qualified candidate will be responsible for interviewing and completing assessments on children and families in their home for our community-based mentoring program. Applicant must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to relate well in a multicultural environment. Candidate should be detail-oriented, able to multi-task and work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment. Additional responsibilities include assisting with child recruitment, agency activities, fundraising events and attendance at staff meetings. Strong organizational and time management skills and team player approach are a must. Candidate will be required to travel to local communities and neighborhoods throughout Polk County and must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and required automobile insurance minimums. The Child Enrollment Specialist must be available to work flexible hours to meet customer needs including evenings and occasional weekends.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate any person because of characteristics protected by law and/or statute. In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request to eligible applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment.
The ideal candidate would fulfill the following requirements including, but not limited to:
• Bachelors Degree in Social Work or other related area
• Excellent written, verbal, problem solving and interpersonal skills to ensure superior customer service in all aspects of job functions
• Be available for 40 hours per week
• Be available for occasional night and weekend work hours as needed
• Reliable personal transportation for local travel (work related mileage is reimbursed)
• Experience working with children and/or families or working in a school setting (preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel as well as various multimedia and web-based programs
• Self-motivated and a quick learner
Salary range of $24,000 - $26,000, plus benefits and paid time off. Salary will be based on both prior performance and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Laura Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by emerge at October 14, 2013 11:33 AM
*All blog posts and comments are the opinions of the blog author or comment poster and do not necessarily represent the views of EMERGE Lakeland.